The first CEPS Volunteer of the Year Award was held in December 2016. Vijay Construction is the main sponsor of the award. The award allows CEPS to give prominence to volunteerism and recognize the works being undertaken by volunteers within the platform.
Throughout the years, it has been recognized that citizens do not embrace volunteerism today as compared to before. As a matter of fact there are clear signs which are calling for actions to rekindle and reenergize the spirit of volunteerism, which was all along a natural response valued by our nation.
The aim of the Award:
Volunteer of the Year Award has the following objectives:
1. To recognize volunteers’ contributions in communities
2. To honor individuals who have overcome significant challenges in dispensing their benevolent/charitable services;
3. To honor individuals who have made exemplary benevolent contributions and services for an extensive and a minimum period of time one year;
4. To recognise innovative and inventive approaches in volunteerism;
5. To recognise voluntary services that have led to long-lasting results;
6. To recognise voluntary services that have led to sustainable programmes by the civil society organisation involved.
The 2016 Award Winners.
Mrs Rose-Mary Elizabeth is the winner of the first CEPS Volunteer Award 2016. Mrs Elizabeth won a cash prize of R100,000 sponsored by Vijay Construction, a return ticket to any Air Seychelles destination sponsored by Air Seychelles & Ethihad Airways; a certificate and a trophy which was presented to her by the Minister of Health & Social Affairs, Mr.Jean-Paul Adam.
Mrs Marie-Nella Azemia is the First Runner up of the CEPS Volunteer Award. Mrs Azemia won a cash prize of R50,000 sponsored by Vijay Construction, a return ticket to any Air Seychelles destination sponsored by Air Seychelles & Ethihad Airways, a trophy and certificate from CEPS and a gift from the French Ambassador.
CEPS Volunteer Award Ambassador:
The two winners of the CEPS Volunteer of the Year Award gains the title of CEPS Ambassador and holds the title for one year. The Ambassadors are the lead Volunteers and assists in recruitment drives for volunteers and are at the forefront of CEPS Volunteer activities and programmes. The ambassador promotes CEPS brand messages. The Ambassador is given a specific message to transmit to ensure coherence and continuity in the work of CEPS and is visible in all CEPS main activities taking on a ceremonial role in formal and informal activities. The ambassador also forms part of the organising Committee for the CEPS Volunteer Award 2017.
Sponsors and Partners:
The CEPS Volunteer of the Year Award 2016 was a success thanks to our sponsors: Vijay Construction, Constance Ephilia Resort, Air Seychelles, Seychelles Civil Aviation Authority and the Mauritian Commercial Bank.